Menu
WelshGasman
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gateway address is blacklisted

Hi all,

Had problems sending mail on my company email account from home.

Turns out the gateway ip address is blaclisted by SORBS DUHL & Spamhaus ZEN which the company host provider presumably references.?

How do I/Virgin get this removed?

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gateway address is blacklisted

If by gateway IP address, you mean your home public WAN IP address then it should be on the SORBS DUHL list as that's a list of dynamically assigned IP addresses - there is nothing you or VM can do to change this.

However this shouldn't normally be an issue, how do you connect to your company's email system and what does your IT support say?

0 Kudos
WelshGasman
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are a small company, very small and I do the admin.
As for IT, that would be me as well. 🙂

As we are working from home, I connect via IMAP via the virgin line.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@WelshGasman wrote:

As we are working from home, I connect via IMAP via the virgin line.

Is the domain name of your business email address one that was obtained from Zen?

Do the SMTP and IMAP servers you use to send and receiver your business emails both end in "zen.co.uk" or at least are they the server names that were advised to you by Zen when you set the arrangement up?

If so then Virgin Media as your home broadband provider simply provides the connection to the Zen email servers and you really need to be talking with Zen about any email connection issues.

If your IP address is being blocked it will be the Zen servers doing the blocking and nothing to do with VM.

However, unless you have an error message or some other evidence that the emails are failing because your IP address is on a blacklist it may be unwise to assume that is the cause of the problem.

As I said earlier, I would suggest that your first port of call for issues with your business email should be with Zen. I have just done a quick online search and they do have an email support page. https://www.zen.co.uk/help-support/email 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
WelshGasman
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you coenoby,

No we use tsohost for our web and email services, 

I managed to find a link on the virgin site that said the two entries that I posted are to be expected.?

I tried again today and am now able to send, so go figure?

For the benefit of others, here is the link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/my-virgin-media-ip-address-is-blacklisted 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@WelshGasman wrote:

No we use tsohost for our web and email services, 

Glad to hear you are up and running again.😊 Thanks for letting us know.

I only mentioned Zen (as in ttps://www.zen.co.uk/business/small-business/products-solutions/websites-and-cloud/hosting ) because you mentioned "ZEN" and the words "host provider" in your first post but looking back I now realise that you were referring to https://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ 

Sorry I confused matters.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos