Menu
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

GOV.UK

Hi

Given this address is sending out 1000s of email has virgin.com blocked it in error. They stopped on Saturday if I switch to a work .co.uk addy they start again. They are not in spam folders and I have not blocked them in any way, they are not in the web-based app or Microsoft outlook. Given some of these emails are important can someone take a look?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: GOV.UK

Hi PhilipF

Can you please advise us on the actual email address that is being blocked please 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Its any .gov.uk address. I have them going to another virginmedia.com and they work I suspect the other email feels it has been flooded wirh these emails. 

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

gov.uk.email@notifications.service.gov.uk

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipF

Are you able to check your spam filter settings, To see if it has been blocked, 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Would it block itself.

0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nothing blocked and it is just one virgin email address it started on Sunday, to that point I had and wanted to have 450 plus emails from them they are advice re covid 19 for my work.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipF,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information; we want to help as much as possible so just need to clarify a few bits of information so we know how best to investigate this.

Can you confirm how you know these emails are being blocked; I appreciate you've said they're coming through to a different email address but are you getting any notification that these emails are being blocked?

Normally if an email fails to send for any reason, including Spam, you'll receive a bounce back email with a header. The header can be used to investigate the route cause, however this would always go to the sender of the email. Have http://Gov.co.uk confirmed these emails are bouncing back from your email address?

Are you able to sign into the email address via webmail and check that there are no mail forwarding rules set up for this email domain?

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
PhilipF
Up to speed
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nothings blocked, no spam filters just stopped on Saturday to my one vm email switched to another vm email and it works fine. As I said it a lot of emails they send 30 plus a day. Just wondered if it was been filtered out before it got to me. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We have not had ant reports of this being the case. 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos