cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze Email Account

shtarved
Joining in

Hi,

My email account has been hacked and I would like it frozen (signed out of everywhere), but there is absolutely no customer support help on this that I can find whatsoever. Any ideas?

Sam

5 REPLIES 5

Debsy1610
Joining in

There seems to be a few people that this has happened to. Can I ask what email address you have, is it with NTLWORLD? I have also had to ask for assistance and no support elsewhere to change email address. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow the advice here My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help and in addition do the following:

• sign into webmail
  • select ⚙ > Security
  • set Automatic sign out to 5 minutes
  • wait 5 minutes for automatic sign out to occur
  • sign back in and set Automatic sign out to previous value

FYI: this is a workaround to try and sign out of other webmail sessions

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @shtarved 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you to our community member 用心棒 for their advise on this.

Have you been able to try the steps requested?

Is this email attached to a current and active broadband account? If so have you been able to change the password? 

Hi Ashleigh,

Is there any way to completely close my email? After I have set the automatic sign out function?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam, 

We can arrange to delete the email account completely, let me know if that's what you want and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm