Menu
davidwogg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fraudelent emails

I had a genuine email from Virgin Media giving advice on these. I had already carried out the steps suggested. In the last 3 months since lockdown I must have had over 100 regarding McFee, Nortons security, Virgin security, HMRC, Driving Licence, Mobile phone protection ec etc  and several others plus many supposed to be from friends but that are not. I keep blacklisting them which has no effect and just delete but its very frustrating as it all takes time. Is there any way of stopping these at source?  I only use one device ( a desktop PC)and thats also frustrating to be constantly asked to confirm my device

I tried VPM but that affects online banking as I cant log in as my IP address is not te one they have recorded for me

Would it benefit if I changed my email address?

David Ogg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudelent emails

Once your email address gets onto the lists that the miscreants behind these scam and spam emails use then you are likely to continue to be targeted.

I get relatively little spam to my VM email addresses compared to my older msn email address, probably as I am careful not to use the VM addresses for website sign ins. A good trick is to have a disposable email address that you can use on websites so that if it gets compromised you can discard it and set up a new one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos