forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
thsc04646
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forbidden error on webmail

Hi - I'm getting the Forbidden message when trying to sign in to emails, despite the 'helpdesk' changing my email password and passing me to the Gadget Rescue Team, who in turn, referred me back to them. I'm spending hours on the phone but not getting anywhere. Can anyone on here  help with this please?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forbidden error on webmail

Hi thsc04646, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you've encountered this error. This is a problem which has impacted other users too, and we may need to raise a ticket with our IT team to get it resolved. 

I'll get in touch via PM so we can confirm the relevant details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
thsc04646
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Many thanks. I have sent a PM as requested.

regards

thsc04646

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me to let us know this is sorted now thsc04646 - apologies again for the delay. 

If there's anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to give us another shout.

Tom 

0 Kudos
thsc04646
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Not sure if you can help with this, but it's worth asking. I've spotted elsewhere on this site that the Forbidden issue has cropped up before (most recently 16th June and of course, last week) and in fact, this has happened to me three times now. Do you know what the cause was this time?

As you may recall, I use the VM email Blacklist tool, and added a Spam email Regex filter, which was found on another forum topic. (you might find this a bit tecky but interesting...) When I finally got access to my emails, there was a VM email saying the issue (Forbidden) was caused by an email forwarding issue by either (or both) of these. Both have now been purged, ie removed, so I will need to start the Blacklist again and reinstate the Spam Email Regex filter. 

However, my Blacklist list and Spam redirect Regex list can't possibly be the reason many other VM email users got the dreaded Forbidden message. Also, the creators of the Regex filters say the Regex forwarding filters can't possibly be the cause of the issue. So, if the Forbidden issue is affecting other VM email clients, what's the real issue? Can you do some digging and find out what's really going on here, and advise if there's anything we, as VM email customers should (or shouldn't) be doing please? It would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
thsc04646
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe this should have been a PM?

0 Kudos