Menu
jimshaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Forbidden (403?)

Hi Folks,

After Virgin changed the access for us Blueyonder  e-mail users a few months ago making it harder, and there were a few 'issues'  I changed my password as McAfee advised me to do so. Wonder why??🤔   Today, after successfully accessing my Blueyonder account, I find that when I have passed the 'prove you are not a robot' test, I get a blank screen with 'FORBIDDEN' on it, or on other cleared cache browsers a 'FORBIDDEN' with attempt to translate to English, (good old Google).

I have cleared caches, changed browsers, hot and cold rebooted after clearing, used a desktop as well as my laptop and always get the Forbidden message.

I have seen the other answers, but clear cache not working for me, and a 403 could be to do with my account (were we hacked 🤔) not just client side.

Of course I did try Support chat after getting passed the bot and they promised to get back to me, but that was two hours ago. I chased, and had to start again, but security questions were tougher!! (🤔mmm)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Forbidden (403?)

Does the issue persist when using:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jimshaw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forbidden (403?)

Thanks.  I had tried all this from previous fora comments.

I have now resolved the issue. Similarly to when Virgin changed the front end for Blueyonder users, making it more complicated, there apparently may have been a data breach(?) and I believe McAfee alerted me to it telling me to change my Virgin Password. I have done this and now I can again access my Blueyonder e-mail account. 

Changing password may assist others if they have a similar 'forbidden' page, (error 403)  with or without the translation suggestion from Google, lol

jimshaw_1-1659956699960.png

Thanks again though!

0 Kudos