cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 webmail error.

barb1et0ne
Tuning in

Like many other Virgin mail users, I have for over  a month now had the inability to access my blueyonder email account because of the 403 Forbidden issue. It seems that Virgin users have suffered this for several moths now and the problem persists. I have tried the various solutions offered to no avail. When I tried to change the password  the  system's was response that first I should use a non-Vigin email. I changed to gmail and the system then responds that I should check my emails to verify this change.  How? I phoned Virgin on 150 and was eventually transferred to a technician who, after about 45 min., told me to wait half-an-hour before trying to access my mail. This worked for about 2 days before reverting to 403 Forbidden.  I phoned again and this time the person answering told me to change my password. I told them that the system would not let me. After about another 45min. They told me that they had changed my password and I should wait 30 min, before using the system. I did. Still 403 Forbidden! (In the meantime, they had persuaded me to 'improve' my Virgin Account with various upgrades and an initial monthly payment of £74 for 18 months. I now have received a Virgin bill for £94.86 a month!).  I later phoned again and once more the person answering went through the same process of changing my password, etc. Still 403 Forbidden! I then had a technician  come and upgrade my router, etc. This did not solve the problem. Whilst I now have a gmail account, I am concerned that various organisations (health, financial, utilities, etc.) have sent messages to my blueyonder account which are important and am unable to access. If this continues I may be forced to cancel Virgin altogether.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

Can I just ask to clarify regarding the error code, has all cache and cookies been cleared on the affected browsers?

Let us know,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @barb1et0ne

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your email account. At what point does the 403 error appear? Do you have trouble using it via a mail client?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The 403Forbidden error accurs each time I go to my Virgin Media account and try to enter MyMail. This happens whether I use my MacDesktop or MacBook using either Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome. As I stated, I have phoned Virgin three times now. Each time the person answering takes some time addressing the problem, giving me a new password and telling me to wait 30 minutes before trying to access email again. This did not solve the problem.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can I just ask to clarify regarding the error code, has all cache and cookies been cleared on the affected browsers?

Let us know,

Kain

barb1et0ne
Tuning in

Yes I cleared cache, cookies and history as recommended by others. 

sdu60
On our wavelength

The Forbidden message. Keep at it. I have the same problem (3 weeks now) in that I cannot access webmail from a blueyonder.account. I have cleared caches and changed browsers to no effect. As stated to change a password Virgin requires you to use a different email address. I am reluctant to do this as I still have access to emails using outlook and I don't want to mess this up. Nevertheless I need access to the webmail as much of the email confijguration is controlled from the web page.

A forum team member has said that the problem has been referred to the IT experts but no results or feed back yet.

Also looking at this forum, the forbidden error has occured several times over the years (back to 2021) so surely a standard solution must have been found?

Hi @barb1et0ne thanks for your reply.

Do you know if this happens on another device for example, we appreciate you have mentioned all browsers but not different devices?

Many thanks

Tom_W

barb1et0ne
Tuning in

I use MAC Desktop PC and a MACbook.   It also happened on my Kindle Fire, although I have not bothered with this since. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Now just regarding this matter, I can see you stated you raised this with the team over the phone, did they raise a ticket at all for this matter?

Thanks,

Kain

sdu60
On our wavelength

To restate the situation (ongoing for 1 month now)

When I wish to log onto my email account via webmail (using chrome or

firefox) I get  the forbidden 403 response.

When using Outlook as an email client I am able to receive mail.

A team member promised to follow this up but no response.

When is Virgin going  to do something????????????