cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 persists despite changing Virgin Account password

jimshaw2
Tuning in

I can log in to my Virgin Account, but when I click on the e-mail link, I get the forbidden 403. I have changed my password and waited a day. I changed it again and waited an hour. Exactly the same problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue persist when using your web browser's Incognito / Private window; press Ctrl + Shift + P in Firefox, otherwise Ctrl + Shift + N?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue persist when using your web browser's Incognito / Private window; press Ctrl + Shift + P in Firefox, otherwise Ctrl + Shift + N?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @jimshaw2.

I can see that this has been picked up by one of my colleagues on a different threat.

Please refrain from multiple posts on the same subject as this can result in multiple agents working on the same issue and cause some confusion.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks, but it persists. Not sure why we cling to this as a solution when so may have this server side problem. Obviously  an account problem / server side issue. As it happens so often, can someone please give a process to try and fix if Virgin want the support route to be followed every time, (last time took five days!!!) ? E.g. Try incognito. No joy. Clear cache etc, new browser etc, no joy. Change Virgin Media Password, no joy. If mobile apps work but desktop access gets 'forbidden', and changing password does not work, is there any (and this is my question), IS THERE ANY REASON WHY I SHOULD ALSO TRY GETTING A NEW SYSTEM GENERATED PASSWORD FOR THIRD PARTY APPS ACCESS, especially when this is working?

IT was two issues. AS Virgin Support take five takes to temporarily fix one, I thought it best to split. One issue was 403 forbidden. Other was Mail forwarding stopped, but I shall certainly bear in mind for the future. Cheers. I still await a process to check to get passed the 403 forbidden though. 

Hi @jimshaw2, thank you for your response.

I can see my colleague has sent you a message on another thread.

Please respond to that at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel