cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 help required

IanHagyard
Joining in

Since creating a new password for apps I keep getting the message Forbidden 403 when I try to open my emails on my virgin media. I am a Virginmedia customer with TV Broadband and phone and have an @ntlworld email account. How do I solve this?

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello IanHagyard.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about the 403 error message.

Can we just ask if you followed the steps below to change the password?

Sign in to My Virgin Media
Go to Account settings, then Account details. 
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail. 
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password. 
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked.
Leave it around 15 minute befroe trying to access your emails.
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 
Gareth_L

Yes I did that and changed password on apps such as on iPhone and iPad but this is occurring on my PC. Email account was unlocked after a short time. Should I go through the process again?

Hi @IanHagyard 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having password issues with your online account, but we can help you fix that. We would need to bring you into a private messages so that we can gain access to your account and rectify this. 
Please look out for the envelope on your top right screen or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina