Menu
Popmol68
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Forbidden 403 access to emails

I've spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to get my email account sorted.  I've had three password resets, deleted my browsing history and still getting the message.  I've now been told that the issue has been escalated and that it's going to take five days before I get a phone call.  Can anyone help?  I use my email to keep in touch with a deaf aunt - may have to set up a Gmail account.  Seriously considering cancelling my account 😡

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Forbidden 403 access to emails

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Popmol68, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the email service and I can only apologise for any upset this is causing you. 

It does sound like this has been escalated to our IT team who will aim to have it resolved within five days, this does mean it could be done a lot quicker. 

I'm going to pop you a quick message so I can grab some details and check this is being dealt with as quickly as possible. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Popmol68
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I've still not heard anything about this issue.  Can you provide me with an update?

Thank you

Deborah

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your message. 

Our IT team have asked if you can please try accessing your email again now?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Popmol68
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I tried my account today and got the same message.  I logged out and tried to log in again with the password set for me over the telephone on Sunday which was [REMOVED] and couldn't get in.  I tried to reset my password and was told that my security questions were incorrect.

Can you help me please?

Deborah

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Popmol68
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I've spent yet another hour on the phone trying to resolve this issue.  The phone call I was promised within five days has not been received and I'm still getting the same error message when I try to log in to my emails.

The lady I spoke to me this morning told me that my email account has been hacked and a letter was on it's way to me telling me that - something I tried to tell someone last week but I was told that wasn't the issue.  My password was reset again and again I'm getting the same message.  I was asked to try again in half an hour and promised a call back to check everything is OK.  I've waited four hours and there's still no call back.  I keep being referred to this Forum but again it takes over two days for someone to respond.  Facebook and Twitter messages over a day and then I'm told to ring.

The service(!!) I've received from Virgin Media has been dire.  I've been without my email account for over a week now.  All I've been offered in compensation is a paltry £20 off my next bill - even though I've now spent over eight hours trying to resolve this issue.  It made me laugh to notice that customer service was one of the CEO Josh Burgess' priorities!!  He's got a major task on his hands if my experience is anything to go by.

If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction I will have no option but to refer it to Jill Insley at The Sunday Times and ask her to get involved.

0 Kudos
Popmol68
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I've spent yet another hour on the phone trying to resolve this issue.  The phone call I was promised within five days has not been received and I'm still getting the same error message when I try to log in to my emails.

The lady I spoke to me this morning told me that my email account has been hacked and a letter was on it's way to me telling me that - something I tried to tell someone last week but I was told that wasn't the issue.  My password was reset again and again I'm getting the same message.  I was asked to try again in half an hour and promised a call back to check everything is OK.  I've waited four hours and there's still no call back.  I keep being referred to this Forum but again it takes over two days for someone to respond.  Facebook and Twitter messages over a day and then I'm told to ring.

The service(!!) I've received from Virgin Media has been dire.  I've been without my email account for over a week now.  All I've been offered in compensation is a paltry £20 off my next bill - even though I've now spent over eight hours trying to resolve this issue.  It made me laugh to notice that customer service was one of the CEO Josh Burgess' priorities!!  He's got a major task on his hands if my experience is anything to go by.

If this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction I will have no option but to refer it to Jill Insley at The Sunday Times and ask her to get involved.

0 Kudos
ClarkGwent
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have had pretty much exactly this, For several days now I have just got ths FORBIDDEN.

I tried the online chat help and AFTER THREE HOURS got someone called Felix who was hopeless and didn't seem to understand the issue. He just made suggestions which were impossible to carry out without a log in page.I also tried a different browser...same thing.

I tried contacting via Twitter and Facebook Virgin and got told to try things I had already tried and failed.I got told to try the text but this was met with another "Felix." Guessing that I might waste another three hours I abandoned this. courseof action.

I raised it as a complaint toVirgin but still haven't heard anything. I have heard  nothing about compensation or it being hacked.

I am considering putting a hold on my direct debit,that might get their attention! 

0 Kudos
ClarkGwent
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just tried again.Exactly the same. This is rubbish service.

0 Kudos