cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following recent email problems

Quezzers
On our wavelength

Following the recent email outage we are now almost back to normal apart from the Ipad that my wife use to access her NTLworld webmail when away from her main PC. During the problem at one point  she had hundreds of copies of the same email in her webmail, inbox. Now she can not log into webmail on her ipad. She can get in on her PC and my (identical) Ipad but she can not log in on hers. If she tries clicking email in the top right comer from my virgin media she gets a blank white page that does nothing  If she tries to log in to her email from a google link she gets to put her email address in but on clicking continue does not get the password box. Instead she gets a timed out message telling her to start again.. It looks as though the big crash has corrupted something to do with virgin email on her iPad but I have no idea what to look for. Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Frank

3 REPLIES 3

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Quezzers 😊.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum.

Sorry to see there has been a bit of a hassle with the emails since the outage ☹.

Has your wife tried signing out of everything and signing in back again?

Also try clearing cache and cookies before you try again. 

Do you have a screen shot of what it says when she tried to sign in?

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ari ! A human?

Can you tell us if we will ever get the email data from before 19/6/23 outage back? All previous VM info posts gave dates for restoring 'historic' data (ie older than a week!!!) which have now passed. There are no updates.

Hi IssyN17 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back to community forums.

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide