Menu
medwaymanc
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Folder syncing issue

Hi All

I have a very frustrating sync issue in that I have a blueyonder account which I generally review via Outlook 2016. New messages are received fine and I can see them on Outlook, the Virgin Media webpage and the mail app on my phone. The problem I have is folders, if I move a mail to a folder on Outlook, it disappears from all other devices as though the most recent folders are not syncing correctly. In fact I have recently renamed and reordered some of the folders in Outlook but this is not reflected in the Webpage and subsequently on my android phone. This means that if I want to look at a mail on my phone that I have filed via Outlook, I cannot see it. Also on the Virgin Webpage for my mail account some of the folders are greyed out so I cannot even change the IMAP subscription settings.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed

0 Kudos
Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Folder syncing issue

Hi medwaymanc,

How long have you been experiencing this issue? Do you have any similar issues with managing folders through the webclient?

What device are you using Outlook on?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update your subscribed folders in Outlook by following the instructions here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-imap-account-folders-appear-in-outlook-3210360...

You should then update your subscribed folders on the email clients used on your other devices. Look for appropriate documentation within the client or on the web on how to add your required folders.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
medwaymanc
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this however it does not work, when checking for the Subscribed folders in Outlook, only 3 appear and they are the three that I can see on both Webclient and outlook. In outlook however I have over 40 folders, none of which appear in the webclient or outlook folder for me to change the subscription settings on. I did speak to VM and they logged onto my machine to try and resolve but only proceeded to make the matter worse as they managed to delete my whole profile.

I think I will just have to leave with the discrepancy

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure the folders are not local to Outlook?

BTW when you wrote “I did speak to VM and they logged onto my machine…” was that that Gadget Rescue?

0 Kudos
medwaymanc
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was Gadget Rescue. I don't think they are local folders, they all say they are IMAP folders unless I am looking in the wrong place

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If I recall correctly, right click on the folder name and select Properties then the folder's location appears under the General or Advanced tab.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest checking the IMAP subscriptions within the VM webmail settings.  Unfortunately I am not currently able to walk you through the steps necessary, but I am confident that other community members can help.  They are under email account settings in webmail towards the bottom of the available options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Change IMAP subscriptions option can be found under (located towards top right) > Settings▸ Email towards bottom of web page; be aware that this option might not be shown on some mobile devices.

0 Kudos
medwaymanc
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that is where I was looking but this only lists 3 folders whereas I have over 40 in outlook. This is the same in Outlook itself, I don't get the full list of all the folders I have created under the IMAP folders button but when I look at each of the folder properties, they all have 'Folder containing IMAP items'

0 Kudos