Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Family member email hacked - URGENT

Hi, it looks like a family account has been hacked. The obvious thing to do appears to be to change the password but how do I this? I can see the account affected under My Profile but do I click change password - will this only affect that account holder or everybody ie will we all have to hange passwords? Also the account holder may have forgotten the password so will they need to be sent a link/will this be secure? Urgent as can see the hacker trying all her accounts!

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family member email hacked - URGENT

Just change the password now and worry about everything else after you have stopped the abuse. The change only affects the address concerned. and any confirmation e-mail sent is a secure as any other e-mail you receive. Read this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family member email hacked - URGENT

Find the account in question, click on the View/Change link next to it. Towards the top there's a Change link next to the password field. Click that and change the password to something else. It only effects that account not the others.

0 Kudos