Menu
LadyC_1961
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fake emails supposed to be from Virgin Media.

I get emails from this address: yourpostoffice@yourpostoffice.co.uk say they are on behalf of Virgin Media and that I have won something or other rubbish I have been offered. However, my Virgin Media is on my daughter's bank account as my own account was hacked and emptied a year ago and I no longer need pay by direct debit etcetera. I have made VM phishing department aware of this. But I am just checking if others on this Community have had same problem with this?

Kind Regards,

Carol.

Lady C. J. Applin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fake emails supposed to be from Virgin Media.

Hi LadyC_1961,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies that you're receiving spam emails to your inbox. We know what a nuisance these can be and with the situation prior we completely understand your concerns.

You have done the right thing already by reporting these emails as phishing emails. Unfortunately we cannot control the content of emails coming through to our customers we can only advise what to do to avoid/report these in the future.

I have included a link of helpful links here  which give you advice on how to set you email spam settings, and the other link here on how to report phishing emails for the future.

Kind regards Jodi

LadyC_1961
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi, thank you for replying. My junk/spam folder manages to catch these fake emails, thankfully. They are just super annoying. I'm getting so many of them, and not just these purporting to be from VM, but eBay, PayPal, Welsh Water, SSE gas and electricity and the TV licencing board...all of which I am with, even the bank I am with, had scammers purporting to be them too... and numerous supermarkets, half of which I never shop at! I forward everyone of these emails to each company I am having these fake emails supposedly from, for their security team to follow through and try to catch these nasty people. I think I've had well over 100 such emails since the start of 2020. Ppfftt! 🙄

Be safe.😊

Lady C. J. Applin
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me LadyC_1961,

We really appreciate you reporting these emails each time your receive one. The more we get reported, the more chance we have of catching these scammers out.

It amazing how these companies even have the Gaul to harass customers with so much spam/junk email. We can only apologise for the inconvenience of these emails and hope that they get bored enough to stop.

If you do need any further assistance with anything in the future you are more than welcome to come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon and stay safe and well.

Kind regards Jodi