Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

FULL TEXT IN REPLIES TO ME

When someone replies to me, I want the full text of my original email shown below their reply - instead of the abbreviated version I get now. 

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: FULL TEXT IN REPLIES TO ME

Hello

So we can help the best can you please advise how you are receiving the emails is through webmail or via a 3rd party client ?

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm using Virgin webmail

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Many thanks for that been looking around for you and from the looks that is a function from the sending side, to "Insert the original email text into a reply" it is not the receiving side that determines that function.

If you click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of webmail the settings - Email - Compose thats where that one is but from testing myself that is down to the sender.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In webmail try selecting Sort by and then Conversation to see if that meets your needs.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to sort this now.  The problem:  When I receive an email which is a reply to my email, my original email text is only shown as a shortened version in the reply email.   

To solve this and to show my text in full do the following:

At the start of my shortened text there are three dots (full stops) which, if you run the mouse over, bring up the message "Show quoted text".  Click on the dots and my original email text is shown in full. 

Thanks to two who tried to help

0 Kudos