cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using desktop pc chrome : Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Graham1967
Dialled in

Can log into virgin media ok but unable to access email via desktop pc windows 10 using chrome browser have also tried edge browser same thing. NOTE: Have checked and email is working ok via my smartphone chrome browser.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Graham1967 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. I am sorry for the email issue. 

Just to clarify, have you gone to your account settings in your online account and clicked on the 'generate new App password'? If you have and it's still not working, this is a known issue that we're working on fixing. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John_GS wrote:

Just to clarify, have you gone to your account settings in your online account and clicked on the 'generate new App password'? If you have and it's still not working, this is a known issue that we're working on fixing. 

If I can just to clarify that on @Graham1967 's behalf.

1) He has posted that he has been able to generate an app password using a Chrome browser on a smartphone.
The issue is that when viewed on a pc the whole "Virgin Media Mail" section including the Manage email App lines are missing from the MY Virgin Media Account.  It's does not seem to be a cookie issue with Chrome on the pc because that section is still not visible when using an Incognito window in Chrome.

2) The other issue is that the VM email account is accessible on the smartphone but is coming up with the "Mailbox unavailable" when accessed on the pc.

In both cases, it's  the disparity between what is happening on the pc and what's happening on the smartphone that baffles me. Especially since both devices are connecting via the home broadband network.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks