cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error VM521

arfa69
Tuning in

I am using thunderbird and I am getting the following when I send emails to stevenage.gov.uk.  This has only just started to happen.  If I send from webmail it appears to be OK.

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
Recipient Domain Invalid (VM521).
Please check the message recipient "addressee@stevenage.gov.uk" and try again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider querying with stevenage.gov.uk why their DNS record lacks an A record; this is likely causing the failure observed in Thunderbird.

FYI: the reason why the issue does not occur in webmail is likely due to its use of a different SMTP server that does not replicate the same checks as those performed by the server email clients use.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider querying with stevenage.gov.uk why their DNS record lacks an A record; this is likely causing the failure observed in Thunderbird.

FYI: the reason why the issue does not occur in webmail is likely due to its use of a different SMTP server that does not replicate the same checks as those performed by the server email clients use.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

This has cleared this morning, so I am guessing Stevenge Borough Council were at fault.  Thanks for your help

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad to read issue resolved itself but the DNS record seems to be the same so unsure what was done to resolve it;

Hi arfa69,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm pleased to hear that the issue seems to have now resolved itself 🙂

If you do have any further issues from here please do let us know.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Beth