Menu
smithmimek
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Error 403 Forbidden when accessing Email via website

I am unable to access my emails through the website, as Error 403 Forbidden is the repsonse. However I can access them through my iphone and ipad. could you please reset this restriction urgently. I have had to change the email linked to my username to that of a friend as it will not allow me access to my secondary email address either.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 403 Forbidden when accessing Email via website

Are you able to access webmail using the browser's Incognito / Private mode (press Ctrl + Shift + N or Ctrl + Shift + P)? Yes, then corrupt  (virginmedia.com) cookies are likely cause, clearing these should rectify the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
smithmimek
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I did attempt to access my email through the Virgin Media site on the icognito mode screen, but that too came up with Error 403 forbidden. Through my main Chrome screen, More Tools, Privacy Cleaner, i have managed to delete all Browsing History, Cookies and Cache so i believe that to now be clear.

Thank you for your assistance so far.

0 Kudos
smithmimek
Tuning in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 403 Forbidden when accessing Email via website - Forum Team assistance required

Is it possible for a member of the Forum Team to advise on the actions i need to take to avoid this error message when accessing emails through the website?

0 Kudos
smithmimek
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any other suggestions as I believe that the problem is not a cookie or cache issue

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@smithmimek wrote:

Do you have any other suggestions as I believe that the problem is not a cookie or cache issue

Having exhausted those suggestions it probably indicates an account level issue which the VM Forum Team will need to refer to their IT colleagues.  They will respond to this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi smithmimek, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your email. I will be happy to assist and raise this with IT.

As I am going to need to ask some account specific questions I will pop you over a private message now.
This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I have logged the ticket for issue under the reference P010282864. 

Our IT team advise 3-5 days to resolve the issue but if you are unable to access the page following this time, please let me know. 

Thanks 

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos
adrazz
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I am getting exactly the same problem, this is ridiculous, been happening all week!

0 Kudos
adrazz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

its nothing to do with that, the error is with Virgin media's servers as I have tried to login from a different location using someone else's PC

0 Kudos