cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 403 Forbidden Unable to access email on Secondary Account

Peadar11
Tuning in

I have TWO VM email accounts My Primary Accouint is fine, however my secondary account is problematic

I cannot access Webmail  I have tried

1. Twice changing the password as advisec by VM Tech Supoport  to no avail

2. Trid with 4 different browsers Safari, Firefox , Edge and Chrome - Still no fix

3. Cleared my Browser Cache of ALL VM Cookis

I can access my email on ios Outlook and on my Laptop Win 10 Mail app.

This ONLY happens when I try to access the emails on the VM Website . One account works fine but the other is not.

Any ideasa ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the offer. However, VM have escalated this up to their IT dept and I am awaiting their response/ action.

it is a common error 493 Forbidden issue and a screenshot would merely show a blank screen with GmForbidden in the top left hand corner.

thanks again

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peadar11,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your secondary email address. 

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message showing on the page when you attempt to sign in?

Please ensure to keep any personal details out of the screenshot.

^Martin

Thank you for the offer. However, VM have escalated this up to their IT dept and I am awaiting their response/ action.

it is a common error 493 Forbidden issue and a screenshot would merely show a blank screen with GmForbidden in the top left hand corner.

thanks again

PS The long and the short of it seems to. E, this is a CM webmail tech issue and may be rooted in the recent June crash of both mine and many others email accounts. Prior to this , for the last 15+ years , I have never had any difficulty accessing my webmail.

I await some action by VM but will keep the community pisted

Thank you for that information. I'm sure the team are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin