Menu
Dorsul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Emptying spam folder

I have been helping someone to delete the spam messages that they get each day.  Last week it said the folder was full and to empty it so I deleted 800+ spam messages and assumed the folder would be empty but far from it - when I try to blacklist senders now I get a mwssage saying the folder is still full so what am I doing wrong please?     How do I carry on blocking spam ?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emptying spam folder

Are you sure the message says the folder is full or does it actually say the blacklist is full?

On VM Mail there is a limit to the number of addresses that can be added to the blacklist.

Using filters is a better way of dealing with spam that isn't already directed to the spam folder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dorsul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi & so sorry I've taken so long answering - trying to do too many things at once!    You're right it actually says -

You exceeded the maximum number of items on your blacklist. Please delete some addresses first.

I have double checked the spam and trash folders but it would appear from your comment that I need to do something else and not a clue how to find it I'm afraid and I haven't the foggiest what you mean by filters, can't find any reference to them anywhere so could you give me a heads up on both when you have a minute please.   Thank you so much
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Dorsul 

You can delete entries from your blacklist by going to Settings > Email > Blacklist

You also see higher up the options is one for Filters.  The are a number of posts in this forum area regarding setting up filters - just enter filters in the search for an answer section above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dorsul
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks will try again tomorrow 

0 Kudos
Dorsul
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Graham really appreciate your help, have made a bit more progress thanks to you

Stay safe

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dorsul,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm glad to hear that one of our Community VIPs (Graham_A) was able to help out with your spam/blacklist issue.

If you still need any further help just give us a shout, we're always more than happy to help.

Beth

0 Kudos
Dorsul
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth but Graham did a grand job on helping me so OK for now

Many thanks

0 Kudos