cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emale Help- Undoing an action

swifty-one
On our wavelength

Hello, I did something so stupid 😭  I highlighted 5 emails to delete that was inside my "Archive Folder" also without thinking I highlighted "My Folder" which was also in my "Archive Folder" I hit Delete on my keyboard.... Inside "My Folder" was years worth of personal data and all my address's and contacts have gone too? Please help, how can I Undo this action and get all my saved emails back, there must have been at leased 10 years of personal stuff Lost?!!  😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you still have incredimail on your computer?

If you do try opening incredimail. It might have saved your emails in a database on your computer.

But before trying this disconnect your computer from the internet, you don't want it to synchronize emails.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and look in the Trash folder.Should further help be needed please detail which email client is used and whether IMAP or POP protocol is used to retrieve emails.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello thank you for your help, I just use the Email Client that comes with Windows 10 pro 64bit I started using it when Incredimail went south. when using Incredimail I could set up folders and delete stuff and it would never interfere with the main VM webmail. The first thing I did was check Trash/Delete Folders in VM but all my archive folders are gone there too 😞

Have a read of this - might help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/restore-deleted-email-messages-in-outlook-com-cf06ab1b-ae...

https://www.easeus.com/file-recovery/recover-deleted-or-missing-outlook-folder.html

If not, you might have to try a commercial data recovery program like TenorShare or Stellar outlook repair

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By default Windows Mail autoconfiguration for Virgin Media email accounts is IMAP resulting in changes being synchronised between server and client; unfortunately this does mean that when a message or folder is permanently deleted the change is reflected from client to server and then across to all connected clients .

I am curious to understand how you managed to delete messages and folder at the same time because AFAICS  Mail:

• will only allow you to do one or the other not both at the same time
  • prompts to confirm permanent deletion of folder and its content

Hi...I can't remember what I did but when Incredimail went down I was in a panic to find an alternative that would support my backup files from Incredimail VM would not but Windows mail did. In the Archive folder of Windows Mail, I created a folder called "My Folder" and in it, I was able to (I don't remember how) put all my backed up stuff from Incredimail, which was over 2-3 years ago. If you look at my screenshot, I can't put a new folder in the Archive folder? The other screenshot is MS saying Mail is not outlook So, it looks like I'm a Dead Duck 😞

Windows Mail.jpgArchive.jpg

A bit obvious, but have you checked the 'deleted items' in win10 mail (your posts so far do not mention this action..)

==========

I wouldn't give up just yet - the items will be still on your hard drive somewhere, which is why you might have to resort to a paid for program to recover them..

swifty-one
On our wavelength

Yes I did 🙂 But thank you for your input and links 😉

Sorry for the long wait...Been looking, reading, till my head hurts, I just ignored it for a while...I don't know why this has ended up being not so easy to do 😞 I don't seem to be able to do this through VM as Windows Mail autoconfiguration for Virgin Media email accounts is IMAP I thought I would be able to recover my lost folders do it the other way in VM, apparently not 😞
@albob Can you recommend some good recovery programs, there are so many, but not seen any that do just email recovery, I might be wrong, as said I turned my brain off for a while...
Thanks, Steve.

PS: Can I use the System Restore in Windows 10?

Hello, @用心棒, So, is what your saying is: Windows mail is just a mirror of my VM email, and that if I delete folders in Windows Mail, it will delete folders in my VM email? So, having said that then should I not be looking at where my VM emails are stored and maybe start from there?

This is putting my brain to its limits, it's not a good brain to start with...I do appreciate the help I'm getting, but maybe it's not sinking in as it should 😉 Thanks, Steve