cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

liz30538
Superfast

After being able to send emails all morning I am now getting this message and I can’t sign into virgin media ‘ cannot send mail the user name or password for [removed] is incorrect’

am so sick of virgin email this happens regularly 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

15 REPLIES 15

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi liz30538, thanks for reaching out and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to sign into your email service, nor online account.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee it’s happening again today A couple of days ago I had to change my password on the VM site and on my outlook email it’s now saying there an error and I can’t get mail Am so fed up with this

i also can’t sign into VM as it’s not recognising my email and password 

I have changed my password once again but now it is saying I can’t send mail because my password is incorrect I am so sick of this please help

Phoned VM to be told my account had been locked because of possible suspicious activity and to do a scan. I use an iPad and there is nothing that can scan an iPad I’m the only person who uses that email and I really don’t know what suspicious activity there could be

any junk email I block immediately and forward to the National cyber crime centre 

am totally fed up with VM they should not be locking your account 

when my contract expires I am going to look into a more user friendly broadband package with either Sky or BT

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538 You would be better served by changing your email provider rather than your broadband provider.

BT have recently taken the same decision as VM not to provide email accounts to new customers.  So even if you do switch to BT you would need to find a new email provider as well.

Many people find that a free Gmail or Outlook email serve them well.  There are other free email providers available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

i use outlook already and have a gmail account But it would be a nightmare to change all my accounts over

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538  Bear in mind that if you do leave VM your Virginmedia email addresses will be shut down after 90 days.  You could start moving everything over to your other email addresses now in your own time a few at a time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @liz30538

Thanks for coming back to us. Have you ran the virus scans and then changed the email password to something, new unique, never used before? If so, you may need to delete it from the iPad and then re-add the email account.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John 

Ive been told by Apple that there is nothing that can scan an iPad Apparently there is no chance of getting malicious software on an Apple product You would think VM would know that it’s a bit high handed of them to lock my account Any spam or phishing  emails I get I block immediately and also forward to the National cyber crime centre 

im also reluctant to uninstall and reinstall my mail as I’m worried about losing my emails

I’ve changed my password twice in a few days and am now faced with having to do it again

as I said before when my contract expires I will look for a more user friendly email provider