Menu
Alison1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Emails

Hi

My dad who is 83 has an old ntlworld.com email address which he still uses.  He is not with virgin any more.  He keeps getting an error message to log into his emails everytime he opens up his phone. We go through it but it doesnt work for  all the emails to open. Ive suggested he creates a new email address and auto forwards from his ntlworld emails. Would this work? He doesnt cherish the idea of having to notify everyone of his change of email address.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emails

Hello

The problem you are going to have is that he is no longer a customer so therefore he isn't entitled to use the email address anymore normally these would have been deleted after 90 days after the account was closed but some hang on longer, and can be deleted at anytime.

This is written in the terms and conditions D6 - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad... "6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

All that the VM forum staff can do for this is now too make sure the email address is deleted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks