Menu
Roberthall7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Emails

Spoiler

I have re set my password but still unable to access emails either via mail or web site. Message return states pop3/imap not turned on. But unable to access settings HELP

0 Kudos
Roberthall7
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

still not working since 17/6/20

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: still not working since 17/6/20

Hello Roberthall7

I see we missed your earlier message in June.  Can you answer a few questions so we can be sure to get things done as soon as possible?

• Are you a current VM broadband customer?
  • Is the email address with the problem linked to your billing account?  It would show on the My profile page/my services, or on the manage accounts tab if a secondary address.

Good work changing your password - if the mailbox is locked for security reasons, this needs to be done, and the Forum Team will do the second step of unlocking it.  They will contact you via private message to get your personal details and get webmail working again.

After things are fixed, you may also wish to check your auto forwarding and filter rules which may have been set up in your webmail, and run anti-virus scans on all devices.  Then if you have any problems with your email client access, let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roberthall7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had my virgin.net email (my first & dedicated email address for all I do personall) for over 25 years never a problem. It's not linked to broadband my account number for emails is 34 [REMOVED]& another that was for virgin tv 30 [REMOVED]. Please unlock me, my phone login message states pop/imap has not been allowed on my account when I know it was. All help greatly appreciated

Rob

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please edit your post to remove your personal information.  You have up to 30 minutes to do so.  Click Post Options and edit reply - I have asked the moderators to do it if you don't.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Roberthall7 wrote:

I have had my virgin.net email (my first & dedicated email address for all I do personall) for over 25 years never a problem. It's not linked to broadband my account number for emails is xxxxx & another that was for virgin tv xxxxx. Please unlock me, my phone login message states pop/imap has not been allowed on my account when I know it was. All help greatly appreciated

Rob

That information is useful.  I am only another customer like you, the Forum Team are VM employees and have access to details and processes or can escalate problems.

I will say, that if not linked to an active broadband account, then the virgin.net mailbox could be deleted at any time.  The Forum Team will be able to look at your account details (only give this information by private message, not in the open forum), and advise any solution in their power.  But it may be that they can't do anything, so brace yourself. 

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails

Hi Roberthall7, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem, let me take a look from here to see what we can do to help.

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom