Menu
Lily78
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Emails won't send

Does anybody know why my emails won't send via app, it just constantly stays queued? Receive emails fine, checked incoming/outgoing settings, tried uninstalling/reinstalling, still no joy. But can send on virgin web page....also can forward an email on via app but not send directly?

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails won't send

Which app are you referring to?
Are you using the virginmedia.com servers along with SSL & the correct port numbers?
If you’re using a mobile phone can you send when on a cellular connection?

0 Kudos
Lily78
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'm using the Gmail app which I have done for years. Downloaded another app to see if was the Gmail app but it's still the same. Can send via browser but obviously easier via an app. Strangely enough I can forward an email from the app but not directly send. Checked all the incoming/outgoing server settings port numbers etc....to no avail.

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

There’s been major problems with sending email via VM for some users. I suspect that you’ll have to await for help from higher up.

Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lily78,

Sorry to hear you're unable to send direct emails via your Gmail email app. Have you tried to completely remove the email account from the App and re-add it to see if it helps?

Can you also tell us whether it's always been like this or just started recently? 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lily78
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

• Hi, yes I've done everything, uninstalled Gmail app reinstalled, downloaded different app,but same problem, checked settings, cleared cache rebooted force stopped and restarted. I can receive messages fine, forward messages fine, reply to emails fine, just cannot send a message directly, but can on browser. Which defeats the whole object if having an app! just stays forever queued till eventually fails. No error messages. This is a new problem. Used Gmail app for yrs and no issues till a few days ago. 
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

When you send from the Gmail App, does it go to your sent folder or outbox or a different folder? Are you able to find any full email headers for your "failed" sent items (the direct ones)? Can you also check that the Gmail App is up to date and try a different device to see if it's the same?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lily78
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorry thought I'd put in all info needed. Gmail up to date. Tried on different device, still no joy! 

0 Kudos
Dinghello
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm I am one of those users. I looked at all the Wireshark PC advice. What's the advice for Mac users? 

0 Kudos
Lily78
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorry don't mean to sound patronising but that is one of the first things I tried! 

0 Kudos