Menu
nicksmith4266
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Emails won't send in Outlook from Blueyonder account

I've noticed my emails have not been sending in the last few days from my Outlook app on my desktop. I have an old Blueyonder account so checked the settings and noticed that the incoming and outgoing servers and ports were not uptodate so amended them to virgin media servers.

Then I started getting requests to enter my uid and pw. It just kept repeatedly asking for this so I tried changing the pw on My virgin media profile but this still would not accept in Outlook. I can now no longer receive or send emails in Outlook.

I referred my ip to the Spamhaus website to find its on the Policy Block List which appears to be because it was being sent from an incorrect outbound server. So as I have corrected this to the correct VM mail servers how does my IP get off the blocklist ? Or do I need to do something else ?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails won't send in Outlook from Blueyonder account

PBL is not the cause of the issue:

The Policy Block List

The Spamhaus PBL is a DNSBL database of end-user IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email to any Internet mail server except those provided for specifically by an ISP for that customer's use. The PBL helps networks enforce their Acceptable Use Policy for dynamic and non-MTA customer IP ranges.

[source: PBL Advisory]

In Windows 10, open a Command Shell and try the following command to determine what, if any, VM error code is being returned and post the redacted result here:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | findstr "235 VM"​ 

Where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, for example richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos