Menu
emailless
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Emails with 'Do Not Reply' in Sender Address not being received

I've noticed in the last month that I'm not receiving emails from certain organisations, despite knowing that they have been sent. I have no filter rules, no auto forwarding etc.     The significant fact, is that the 'senders' address contains either 'donotreply' or 'do-not-reply'. e.g. donotreply@xyz.com    Clearly the email servers at Virgin Media are bouncing these, but I simply cannot find an appropriate contact within VM. This causes massive problems when you consider how many organisations use that in their notification emails e.g. password resets etc.    

Please get it sorted!!!

0 Kudos
emailless
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails with 'Do Not Reply' in Sender Address not being received

I should add, that my email address has the suffix '@blueyonder.co.uk'    Providing that info in case it means my email address is hosted on a specific mail server versus those with other suffixes

0 Kudos
emailless
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

FAO VM TECHNICIAN - Emails not received if 'Do Not Reply' is part of sender address

FOR VM TECHNICAL STAFF ATTENTION

I've noticed in the last month that I'm not receiving emails from certain organisations, despite knowing that they have been sent. I have no filter rules, no auto forwarding etc.     The significant fact, is that the 'senders' address contains either 'donotreply' or 'do-not-reply'. e.g. donotreply@xyz.com    Clearly the email servers at Virgin Media are bouncing these, but I simply cannot find an appropriate contact within VM. This causes massive problems when you consider how many organisations use that in their notification emails e.g. password resets etc.    

Please get it sorted!!!

For info, this is an @blueyonder.co.uk   email address, in case they reside on a legacy server. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: FAO VM TECHNICIAN - Emails not received if 'Do Not Reply' is part of sender address

do not post multiple threads about the same problem. that is against the forum rules
0 Kudos
emailless
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: FAO VM TECHNICIAN - Emails not received if 'Do Not Reply' is part of sender address

Not too interested in the forum rules - I've been told to post by Virgin Media to get an answer, and now it turns out the only people really looking are amateur community watchers. This is a question for a Virgin Media technician who has server level access, and they advised I should highlight it as such. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

fine
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

merged
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi emailless

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the email issue and also the delayed reply. 

Have you got this sorted since posting? If not and you're sure people have been sending you the emails, can you ask the senders if they're getting any errors or notifications of failed deliveries please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
emailless
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

No, I've not managed to get this resolved - struggling to see how that would have been possible considering I've had no response and it's obviously not an issue within my control.  

I've been forced to use another email address (not Virgin Media) for the important services. The emails are received without an issue to that address, which just reinforces that Virgin (blueyonder) are rejecting the mails. 

However, I am stuck with battling between corporations. I cannot get to speak to anyone sufficiently technical to actually investigate properly - senders say they have been sent and Virgin Media haven't investigated. All the evidence points to the emails being sent, because there are multiple senders, and changing email address has immediately led to them being received. I really don't want to ditch the address (and likely the service)  I've been using all these years, but the lack of help from Virgin Media makes me think that's the only option. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi emailless,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble receiving certain emails and have not been able to get this sorted since posted. I appreciate you may have already checked, but we need to make sure - are these mails definitely not being sent to your spam/junk folders? If these emails we actively being bounced back, the sender should receive some sort of notification to state that the emails cannot be sent.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos