cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails stopped coming through to Android phone - attempted resolution failed

ClaireTed
Joining in

For some days emails haven't been coming through to my Android phone.  Well, they didn't, then they did, then they didn't again and still don't.

I tried following the steps in the post on the thread entitled "Re Additional email not working", generating a new app password and applying it. This didn.t work, and now emails don't come through to my Android phone nor to Outlook on my PC. I know there are new messages as I can see them through webmail, but I don't want to use webmail all the time.

Help!

6 REPLIES 6

ClaireTed
Joining in

Anybody? I've generated three new passwords, copied them onto the clipboard and written them down carefully, then tried to change the password in Outlook and on my Android gmail app.  It just doesn't work the systems won't accept any one of them.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you installed the lastest Gmail app as a recent update introduced a bug.  Others are reporting here that the newest version has resolved the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ADIUK1
Joining in

I updated my Gmail app yesterday and it appears to have fixed previous issues.

Hello ADIUK1. 

Thank you for the update. Glad to know everything is okay now.

We are always here if you need anything else.

Gareth_L

ClaireTed
Joining in

I've updated the Gmail app, but of course in the meantime I've tried to change the passwords. The new app passwords generated by Virgin Media haven't worked, and I can't revert to the old passwords for either Outlook or Gmail, because I set them up ages ago and have not record of what they were.

Hello ClaireTed.

Sorry the generated password failed to work on your Gmail App.

Would it to much bother to try again and let us know how you get on?

Gareth_L