cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails still not working on iPhone!!

rmcd
Tuning in

Phoned Virgin 7 times over 2 weeks, emails still not working on iPhone. Tried everything I have been told to do, just feels like no one listens or cares! Please Help! 

23 REPLIES 23

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd,

Sure. This just means that if you've previously set an App Password, it will no longer be valid, and you'll need to use the new one that's generated when accessing your emails via a 3rd-party Mail app.

This won't affect your Virgin Media Mail client password.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

It also says that the app password was last changed today a few minutes ago, but I haven’t done anything yet.

rmcd

Hi Reece

Sorry, it wasn’t changed today, the date was 26th June. So does this mean VM have done this? If so the primary account emails still do not work. 
We need help with this, we are OAP’s.

Hi

Dud you get the message I sent saying that VM changed the app password on 26th June? However emails for the primary account still do not work. Please help as we are both OAP’s.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

Thanks for the update on this - if the password has been previously changed, then this may have been our Technical Teams. Have you been able to regenerate a new password, and try to use this to sign in?

Are you able to tell me what error you see when trying to sign in? Can you also confirm which app you're using on the iPhone? Just for clarification, do you have an active Virgin Media service (such as Broadband, TV or Landline)? I'll do my best to help you regain access 🙂

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reec 

• Yes VM tech DID change our passwords. We logged in online and emails on primary account were all there, however nothing on iPhone, so this did not work. Then wondered if the password VM gave might have been for the apps because after following your guidance it said that the password had been changed. However on reflection I don’t think so. I haven’t tried to generate a new password and worry that emails on the secondary account may be affected with this change.
  • There is no error now on the iPhone but after outage there was something at the bottom in tiny writing. In the Amazon Fire an error comes up on the primary account only. I’m not sure what the app is on the iPhone possibly Siri? 
    Yes we do have an active Virgin Media service, Broadband, TV, Landline and mobile. I enclose photo of error on Amazon fire tablet.
  • Thanks
  • rmcdIMG_5132.jpeg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

You would need to generate an App Password for each email you wish to add to the 3rd-Party applications. Rest assured, this will only change the password, and will not alter the contents of your email inbox(es) itself.

When generating the password, please use this to sign in the to associated email and it should then begin to re-sync to our servers.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

High Reece

Thanks, but isn’t that what the IT department have already done twice and it still didn’t solve the problem on the iPhone? If we have to use the app passwords to log into our emails online then that is what we have done with the ones they have given to us twice now. We used those passwords to log into the primary email account on the web and it worked. But on iPhone still no emails.

Is it because we have @ntlworld.com adresses?

None of this makes any sense really. 

rmcd

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the confusion on this, rmcd. Our teams are unable to generate App Passwords on your behalf. When we reset a password, this only resets the password for signing in on Virgin Media Mail online - which you've mentioned works.

App Passwords are only used for 3rd-party applications such as Outlook and iOS Mail and can only be generated by you through your My Virgin Media in the instructions above.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi

So if I only generate one for primary account, what will happen to secondary if left? 
Thanks

rmcd