cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails still not working on iPhone!!

rmcd
Tuning in

Phoned Virgin 7 times over 2 weeks, emails still not working on iPhone. Tried everything I have been told to do, just feels like no one listens or cares! Please Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the emails on your iPhone. Can you expand further on the problems you're facing and we'll do our best to assist you further? 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the emails on your iPhone. Can you expand further on the problems you're facing and we'll do our best to assist you further? 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

VM have changed password 3 times but still dosent work. However this was done online not on iPhone. We have changed password in mail settings on iPhone, still nothing.  Last call VM said still working on fixing problem on mobiles and tablets. How long are we supposed to wait? This is so frustrating and unacceptable. We are just left with false promises.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, rmcd. 

To clarify, have you generated an "App Password" in your My Virgin Media account? Our teams are only able to change the password for the main webmail client, here

If you haven't generated this password, please head to your My Virgin Media and then head to Account Settings > Account Details > Mailbox App Password Management.

From there, use this App Password in your chosen Mail app on your iPhone. Please let us know how things go.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece

Thank you.

VM have changed password for primary AND secondary accounts.
They have never mentioned anything about app passwords in 7 phone calls. Only that VM are working on fixing problem on mobiles and tablets. Do we need to have different app passwords on both iPhone and Amazon fire tablet?

rmcd

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you were not made aware of the App Passwords. An App Password can be used across various different 3rd-party apps, but you would need to generate at least one for each email (primary, and secondary).

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece

Thank you.

VM have changed password for primary AND secondary accounts.
They have never mentioned anything about app passwords in 7 phone calls. Only that VM are working on fixing problem on mobiles and tablets. Do we need to have different app passwords on both iPhone and Amazon fire tablet?

rmcd

Hi Reece

Thanks.

My secondary mail account has been working fine since the outage was fixed. Do I still need to generate an app password for this too? I really do not want to rock the boat on this account as I have had many problems with it in the past before, especially when I have to change anything.

Thanks

rmcd

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmcd 👋

It is recommended to set one. As it's a relatively new security process our teams have put in place, you may eventually lose access to the Mail and be required to set an App Password before regaining access.

At the minute though, if everything is looking ok and you're receiving and able to send emails fine, and don't wish to take the risk, you're not obligated to do so.

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece

Could you please clarify exactly what this means please?

Warning: This action will reset the password used for accessing your mailbox via 3rd party apps such as "Outlook" and "Mail". Please remember to update any applications you have already set-up, with this new password.