Menu
Slipperpain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Emails sent from onetel.com domain via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk server are no longer getting through

This has started happening over the last week. Some emails have got through, but most have been rejected. Sometimes I get an automatic reply saying it could not be delivered and mentions a DMARC rejection. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails sent from onetel.com domain via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk server are no longer getting through

This came up a few days ago.  You need to change your email settings to the new ones required for onetel emails.  See this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/552-552-5-2-0-Error-when-sending-emails/m-p/4683269#M2160...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Slipperpain
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails sent from onetel.com domain via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk server are no longer getting through

Thanks Graham. 

I have checked that out and have added a post on that thread to hopefully find the fix. 

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As I've pointed out, there is a link in the thread Graham pointed you to that shows the current settings.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Slipperpain  The settings you need were in post 3 of that thread, but I will repeat the link here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399#U2204399

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Slipperpain
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

I have tried that, but it is not working. Sent email is stuck in outbox.

Maybe because I am not a talktalk customer. Very mean of them, if that is why! 

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What email program are you using?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Slipperpain
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Actually, it just worked!

I had to select the "sign in" option on the outgoing server options and enter my email address and password.

Thanks very much for your help Graham and ravenstar68. 

0 Kudos