cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not working

phil2935
Joining in

I have been having trouble signing in to some of my email accounts. The main account is working fine, it is an old Blueyonder account. the new ones have virgin media address (these are an additional 3 account). When I try to scan for new emails it comes with a notice saying:

! ERROR - The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

I have been on the Virgin Media setting page and the credentials are all correct.

I have been on the phone to Virgin Media regarding this problem, and all they have done is to change the password on the email servers and told me to wait 35 minutes and try again. They also have told me to contact the gadget team if this doesn't work. I have been reading similar post regarding this and the gadget team require payment and then a monthly fee.

I am trying to receive the emails through the Virgin webmail.

Thanks for any help  🙂

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This issue can usual be resolved by:

1. opening an Incognito / Private browser window

2. sign in here https://mail2.virginmedia.com with the authentication credentials of the problem account; in the above example it would be richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk.

If sign in is unsuccessful try the forgotten password link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  3. once successfully signed into webmail go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and select Sign in

4. select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password

NB if prompted to “Verify it is you” then follow the instruction to change your Sign in Email Address to a non-Virgin Media one. Once the verification process is complete repeat step 4

5. make a note of new App Password

6. sign out or close window

7. now back in webmail, select ⚙ > Accounts > Edit located adjacent to problem account

8. scroll down to Incoming server section and enter App password, noted in step 5, in Password field

9. scroll down further to Outgoing server (SMTP) and set Authentication to As incoming e-mail server

10. select Save

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @phil2935 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We'd advise kindly following the tips provided above by @用心棒, this has given a lot of success to customers in your position.

We hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

What would I do if I only had a  blueyonder.co.uk email address?

I'd be stuffed until such time that I sorted out a non blueyonder address.