cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not sent to my Google Gmail account.

isis2
Joining in

After Virgin's email problem, my emails are not being also sent to my Gmail which have been previously......How do I get my virgins emails sent also to my Google Gmail account which were before the problems.

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 👋

Thanks for posting and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with accessing your email via a 3rd-Party app. For clarity, have you generated an App Password? You can do this by going to:

1. Sign in to My Virgin Media
2. Go to Account settings, then Account details
3. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
4. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions.

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address - you will still access your WebMail with the usual password. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, Shouldnt have this been kept as has been for years when email problem was sorted . It is also strange that they are still sending my bill details to my Gmail ( not really sure why that was )??? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @isis2 

Thanks for your response

The bill details would dependent on which email was registered for the EBilling service, have you managed to follow the instructions above successfully? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

isis2
Joining in

Hi,Travis     Thanks I did have a try to change the billing some time ago unsuccesfully sometime before the email issue but then just left it as it was . I havent yet done your instructions , but surely everythintg  should have gone back as it was before without doing all that? or was there other problems apart from the email issue. I must admit with all of the other problems I have had with virgin in the past with other things and having been with them for many years even before they took over from other companies I am thinking about considering other options

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused,

Whilst most would've been restored, sometimes we'd need the prior steps completed to see if that resolves the matter.

Regards,

Kain