- but no recipients given,

Other say something like:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients."
      Subject:     Last night's meeting
      Sent:  28/04/2021 21:28

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      Kate Ormerod  on 28/04/2021 21:28           
552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) bqmlliNUyA92sbqmllSt59

I'm sending to addresses I've used before, and in some cases replying rather than typing the address so I know they're valid.

Can you please explain why this is happening and - more inportantly - what can be done to stop it happening?
I am using Outlook 2016 as my mail client - and have been doing so for years without this problem.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails not sending

It's nothing to do with your mail program. It is everything to do with the spam filters VM outgoing mail servers that receives your mail from Outlook and sends it on. 

Sometimes the issue clears as the spam filters learn what is and what is not spam.  Most often it is caused by a URL in the mail message (the rejection message is, after all, about content). 

It is difficult to pin down what may be causing the spam filters to trigger.

What is odd is that it is only affecting some of the messages you are sending when they all go out through the same servers?

However your post is not terribly clear about whether all these failures to deliver (not failures to send, the mail is leaving your system) are giving you the same message or are you getting two types of rejection message? 

Can we see the messages in full please? Remember to redact any full email addresses - leave out the bit before the @Symbol

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SallySpencer
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, here are two sample messages I've sent that have been bounced back.

First one - this was a reply; the only URL in it is caid.org.uk (Christian Aid) so can't think why that would be blocked:
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Kate

No worries!

I thought I’d see if you were still meeting when I got back from school.

None of our churches are planning to do a house to house collection this year. There are only 3 churches left in the Halesowen group that still collect this way and we feel that lockdown hasn’t eased enough yet to ask people (many of whom are elderly) to collect.

We will be using envelopes in each of our churches and I have set up an e envelope for the Halas team.

I am hoping that churches will hold some sort of fundraising event later in the year.

We are planning a Christian Aid quiz in the Halas team and I have sent details to the other churches too.

You are very welcome to join us.

This is the information about it that will go in our pew sheet , on the Halas web page and on facebook. I have set up a separate e envelope to collect donations for this.

CHRISTIAN AID QUIZ on Saturday 15th May.

Emily and Stuart are going to lead us in a quiz on Zoom in aid of Christian Aid on Saturday 15th May at 7:30pm.

Teams can be any size and could even be made up of more than one household if you communicated with each other by phone or wattsapp.

There will be a limit of 20 teams and you can reserve your place by contacting me on xxxx@halasteam.org.uk . You will then be sent the zoom link and details of how you can make a donation to help with our fundraising (we suggest a minimum of £5 per device).

I am also thinking of opening up our garden on Saturday 22nd May for coffee and cakes in the morning and tea and cakes in the afternoon. It would have to be ticketed, limited to 30, and people would have to stay in their bubbles.

I will let you know if this develops into a firm plan.

Hope things are going well for you.

Sally  

Sent: 28 April 2021 09:30
To: xxx@blueyonder.co.uk 
Subject: Last night's meeting

Hi Sally,

I got an email saying that you joined the meeting last night after it had finished. It runs 4pm till 4:45.

I’m sorry I missed you! How is everything? Would you like me to give you a call?

Kate

Xxx XXxxxx
Church Engagement Fundraising Officer, West Midlands

caid.org.uk  | 0121 XXX XXXXX|                         

_________________________________________________________________________________________

That resulted in this response - it doesn't give the name of the recipient that couldn't be reached though as there was only one it's not hard to guess...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     RE: Last night's meeting

Sent:  28/04/2021 20:45

Second one - this was sent to three email addresses I've used regularly before; again just one URL

Hi all

I hope you are all ok.

A few plans for Christian Aid week, 9th-15th May.

We all have envelopes and I’m hoping that you will be able to put them out in your churches.

I will give some to Lizzie to put out in the postal mailings.

We have also set up an e-envelope that I am hoping Dominic will put on the website. It’s for the whole team because it wouldn’t make any sense to have one for each church on the website.

This is the link to it.

You could direct people to this if they prefer to donate directly.

We are also having a Zoom quiz led by Emily and Stuart on Saturday 15th may at 7:30pm.

Any size teams, could even be across households if they wanted to communicate by phone or wattsapp.

No charge, but we have set up an e-envelope to collect donations - £5 min per device suggested.

Maximum 20 teams. Register with me on xxxx@halasteam.org.uk  and I will then send the zoom link and donation details.

Details will be in the pew sheet. Please feel free to encourage your congregations and friends to make up a team.

I’m also thinking of having an outdoor coffee morning and tea and cakes afternoon on Saturday 22nd May in our garden when 30 people are allowed to meet outdoors. It would have to be ticketed and people would have to stay in their bubbles, hence the 2 sessions.

More details to follow.

Hope this is useful.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Sally

That got the following response; bizarre because I can clearly see the recipients' addresses in the 'sent' item. 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     Christian Aid week

Sent:  27/04/2021 21:29

Xxxx Xxxxx on

The recipient has been deleted or has no email address.

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx  on

Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxx on

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to post the domains - i.e the part of the email addresses AFTER the @ symbol.

Also could you post the FULL error messages - including any numeric codes - again leave the domains intact but remove anything BEFORE the @ symbol.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FWIW the text / URL halasteam.org.uk in the message body is triggering the Spam Content Found warning.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks