Menu
Dynamo04
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emails not sending via outlook, Fault "your e mail server rejected your login"

Hi

Suddenly I can no longer send e mails although I can still receive them, this is done via outlook, Initially I was using the old blueyonder setting for incoming and out going e mails.

I have now changed them to the Virgin settings following advice on other articles on this community but still cannot send e mails, I keep getting a pop up to verify my user name and password.

I have signed onto my virgin media account and set a new password and still no luck.

To test my settings I took my computer to a friend who has an IT business, straight away I could send and receive e mails with no problems at all.

This is telling me it is a problem at the VM server end.

Can anybody help please as I rely on e mails to run my business?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emails not sending via outlook, Fault "your e mail server rejected your login"

When the issue next occurs then perform the following check from the same device:

1. browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
    2. go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
    3. enter the Your IP address is value (from step 1) in the IP Address field and select Lookup
    4. excluding the PBL, is it reported as listed elsewhere; do not post the results here without redacting your public IP address from text and underlying URLs?

If, as is likely, your IP Address is listed on the SBL and the issue occurs when connecting through:

• Virgin Media's network, then you will need to follow the advice given here Searching for Spambots on your network
  • other network, then raise it here to see if there is a case to exempt the IP Address from checks

FYI: Virgin Media use Spamhaus's lists of IP Addresses linked to spamming and/or exploit activity to deny access to their SMTP

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dynamo04
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails not sending via outlook, Fault "your e mail server rejected your login"

Hi, thanks for the advise,

I have found my IP address and checked on Spamhaus and two items flagged up as a problem in Red.

The results yesterday were:
The first one was saying SCC or SSC, sorry cant remember which one, didn't take not of it.
The second is PBL

I have checked on Spamhaus this afternoon with the following results.
The SCC or SSC one has now completely gone.
The PBL one is still there, I have looked at the advise on the Spamhaus website and checked the SMTP Authentication is turned on in my e mail settings.

I also setup wireshark which has been running for about 20 hours with no problems found, (not tried scanning using a hotspot yet)

2 days ago I removed an Amazon Firestick off my system which I only started using on Sunday as it seems they are usually the problem.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ignore the PBL; it is expected.

Given the only device removed from the network was the Amazon Firestick and the SBLCSS listing has expired it seems likely that was the cause. Can you confirm your are able to send now?

0 Kudos
Dynamo04
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I tried about 10 minutes ago and couldn't. 

Although now I've just sent two so looks like all is working now.

Thanks you so much for you're help, the hole thing has been a nightmare and took up about 10 hours of my time to look into the problem.

Have a good day and thanks again 

FoyleFlyer
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This may not be your fix but it may help other Outlook users, I use Norton 360 and Outlook 2013 I kept getting an error box popping up every few seconds asking me to login.

It turned out that I had to turn my Norton 360 Secure VPN On before opening Outlook and this stopped the annoying error box appearing. I still forget to turn the Secure VPN On sometimes but at least I now know how to fix it. Hope this helps some users. 

Samsung 55" Q700T QLED 8K HDR Smart TV; Samsung UE55HU8500 Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart TV; Samsung TV Stand; Samsung WAM250 Wireless Audio Hub; 2 x Samsung M5 Medium Wireless Audio Multiroom Speakers; ; Sky Q 2Tb and Q Mini Box; VM Tivo (+ add box); WD TV Live Hub Media Centre 1Tb; Samsung BD ES6000E; Bose Wave Music System ll with Wave iPod dock; Netflix, 2 x Amazon Fire Sticks 2nd Gen, 2 x Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Echo Dot; Chromecast; iPod Touch; SG Note 10.1; SG Tab S 8.4; LTE; Samsung Galaxy 9+ (128Gb) and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32Gb); VM BB 200Mb;
0 Kudos