Menu
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Emails not being received.

I'm having an issue with some emails not being received in my virginmedia.com account.  Most emails are coming through fine but I think the ones I'm missing have attachments as they are quotes from local businesses.  This is concerning as I need them to deal with an insurance claim.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails not being received.

Hi Kate,

Thank for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear you aren't receiving certain emails with attachments, I would advise to check all your email settings and also make sure they haven't gone into spam.

Have you received anything in regards to failed emails, have the senders advised they are received any errors when trying yo send the emails?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  I am not receiving anything at all about the emails, and the senders are not receiving a "bounced back" message either.

I asked one of them to try another email address (gmail) and it worked no problem.  The file was a JPEG and was not particularly large (2MB) so I don't understand why it wasn't delivered to my Virginmedia address.

I have checked my Junk folder but they are not there either.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate,

For us to report it to our internet security team we would need the email address the sender is using and a copy of the header when failing?

Is it being send to our email or a 3rd party such as Gmail ETC?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It is being sent to my virginmedia.com address.

0 Kudos
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Do you want me to send you the sender's email if so how?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Him Kate,

We would need the actual email to see why it isn't being allowed, can you ask him to send yo a test email without the files? this is just to rule out his email isn't blocked.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, I have received other emails from this sender so I know they are not blocked.  I don't want to publish someone's email address on a public forum so can you tell me where to share it with you in a PM?   Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate,

If you have received emails from him before it may be something to do with the file he is sending, there isn't ant point in a private chat as I don't have anything to investigate, we would need the person sending the fine to contact us so we can see why it is being stopped.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KateMcKinnon
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

OK I don't feel comfortable doing this but the sender's name was [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos