Menu
windymi11er
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Emails not being received

I've noticed in the last week or so that some emails are not being recieved, either in Virgin Media Mail, emclient, or on my phone.

I'm not sure if it is just emails with attachments as I've tried sending mails from my work email address and ones without attachments seem to get through. I've also had emails sent by Amazon which have not come through.

I've checked all the spam filters and folders and all appear OK.

Help!!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emails not being received

Hi windymi11er,

You are the 2nd person I've noticed say this recently.  the first person found a solution, I hope it helps you.  Let us know if it doesn't and I'm sure the community can give more advice or refer to the forum team if needed:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Blocked-Amazon-emails/m-p/4016582#M175710

p.s.  I know you said you checked the spam filter, not sure if you checked all the filter rules?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

windymi11er
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissPasko,

Thanks for your reply....think it's sorted now. Found a filter had appeared that blocked messages with certain words in the subject. Not sure where it came from!

Cheers

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well if you didn't put it there - someone else might have. Just in case, follow the advice here -

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Out of curiosity, what was the filter rule named and what were its conditions and actions?

idsymonds
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where was this filter...Can you advise As I have the same problem described
0 Kudos
andysinclair
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the hints. I have not had emails from amazon for months and could not access account - saying password incorrect but then never received OTP codes. Had to create new account with different email. Having read these messages I checked filter rules on email account and found one just called 1. When I opened it it was blocking any emails containing ‘@amazon’. Guess someone has hacked in. Have removed it so now can get emails from amazon again. Still need to sort 2 step verification to access account but hopefully on the right way. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@idsymonds wrote:
Where was this filter...Can you advise

Certainly,

Sign directly into your email account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Once you are in Webmail, click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar and from the drop down list click on Settings.

Expand (click) the E-mail options.

Select (click) Filter Rules.

That will display any filters set up on your account and you can delete or disable any that you do not recognise and then follow all all the advice here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos