cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails - how to set up additional email addresses

bungey
Joining in

How to set up an extra  email for another family member on your own email account

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See How do I create a new Virgin Media email address? however I would strongly urge you not do so because:

• use of the email account is tied to it being linked to an active Virgin Media  broadband service; i.e. it is permanently deleted 90 days after broadband service is terminated
  • account security will likely be weaker that the service it might be used with and/or help secure
  • lacks any form of multifactor authentication
  • spam filtering is poor; identifying an email as spam or not spam has no impact on its future processing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply, and I accept the points that you make. My fundamental problem is that when I set this email thing for my wife. I obviously misunderstood the instructions.In that now Virginmedia have her as me. Ie if I want to check to check my account details etc, I am there in my own right. But my wife is also there if you like as the owner of my account. I suspect that I shall have to go back to Virgin and ask them to first remove the email account I set up in her name. And then reinstate it as an independent email. So that I do not get addressed as Rosemary. Thank you for your time and trouble

Regards Cliff Edwards.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately if your wife's email account has been set as the primary username for the account then neither you nor Virgin Media will be able to change that.  Once the primary username is set it is embedded  in all the VM sign in systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks