Menu
madstaffyblonde
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emails from another address

I am currently recieving a lot of spoof emails around 20 per day which I keep blocking but now I am receiving emails that are to a different email address that I don’t own! 

811CBC72-62B0-441B-B806-B9F9092730C0.png

Caza1963
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails from another address

I’m having exactly the same problem
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your email address will likely be in the blind copy field (bcc).  It is the method used to send emails to multiple addresses without disclosing the individual addresses to each recipient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, that is the second thread today with the "stranger's" email mentioned as esther louise!  I remember reporting it to moderators.  So is this some sleek way of getting past spam filters?  I'm sure VM email security can at least get esther louise on hold and investigated, now that recipients are reporting it.

EDIT:

PERHAPS DISREGARD MY NOTE ABOVE.  Here is the other thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Am-getting-another-persons-scam-emails-For-them-not-from-...  and a good explanatin is already given by Graham.

Maybe willow48 and madstaffyblonde are husband and wife?  Please excuse me rabbiting on - I am at home, unwell, and probably shouldn't contribute with slightly stuffed up head! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have received six in the last two weeks where that name appears in the 'To' field.  They have all been correctly identified as spam by the VM filters.

Esther is probably just another innocent victim in receipt of these spam messages - blocking her account would serve no purpose that I can see.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more