Menu
Peutetre
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emails from allpay blocked?

Is there any reason why emails sent to me from allpay.net might be blocked?

coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails from allpay blocked?

@Peutetre wrote:

Is there any reason why emails sent to me from allpay.net might be blocked?

Assuming that you have already checked your Spam folder a very common reason for such emails to go missing is that your Virgin Media email account has been hacked and the hacker has set up a filter rule in your VM Webmail account to divert emails from allpay.net to another email address that they control.  The implication of that would be that your allpay account has also been comprised.

To check for suspicious filter rules in you Webmail account, sign in to your email account via this link  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Then:

Click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar

click Settings.

Expand the E-mail options.

Select Filter Rules.

If there is one (or more) filter rules set up that you did not create yourself you will need to follow the advice here. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

Let's hope there is a less sinister reason than that.😯

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Peutetre
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

There are no filter rules showing, so must be another explanation.

Strange, but some emails from allpay.net have been received while others haven't.

🤔

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Peutetre wrote:

There are no filter rules showing, so must be another explanation.

That is good news.

Strange, but some emails from allpay.net have been received while others haven't.

So are the emails from allpay.net only addressed to you, for example, they refer to transactions you have made, or are some of them in the form of newsletters or general updates that would be sent to a large distribution list? It is the latter category that VM often have problems delivering.

As final general point, it is not a good idea to use your VM email account as the contact for any online accounts that involve financial institutions, online shopping or any other accounts that need to be secure.

The reason I suggested hacking as my first thought was simply the large number of people who come on to the forum with issues that have arisen because their VM email account has been hacked and is being used as the conduit for making fraudulent transactions on another online account. Remember, your VM email account is only protected by a 10 character password (which can only contain letters and numbers - no special characters!) and that's it as far as security goes.

It would seem that level of 'security' is no problem to hackers. 

You would be well advised to switch to a professional email provider who offers 2 factor authentication, for example a one time pass number sent to your mobile. Gmail and Outlook.com are two obvious candidates.

Food for thought for you. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos