cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from a gmail address keep arriving in Virgin Webmail

johnblakemore
On our wavelength

Hi

For years I have had my NTL email address which is currently in use. I also had two other NTL additional email accounts which have now been closed.

My Account details in My Virgin Media shows my only remaining email account but under Manage other Virgin Media accounts it says "You currently have additional accounts" but gives no information.

I have also have a Gmail account which is now my main account and I keep receiving  Gmail emails in to my Virgin webmail account inbox. I may have in the past set up to receive these gmail emails in this way but not any longer and my virgin settings do not show this arrangement in operation.

How can these gmail emails keep arriving in my inbox when I should only receive emails from my Virgin email account.

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

johnblakemore
On our wavelength

You are absolutely right, I had missed the “ Forwarding ………” section.

Thank you. The problem should go away now.

John

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnblakemore wrote:

Hi

For years I have had my NTL email address which is currently in use. I also had two other NTL additional email accounts which have now been closed.

My Account details in My Virgin Media shows my only remaining email account but under Manage other Virgin Media accounts it says "You currently have additional accounts" but gives no information.

I have also have a Gmail account which is now my main account and I keep receiving  Gmail emails in to my Virgin webmail account inbox. I may have in the past set up to receive these gmail emails in this way but not any longer and my virgin settings do not show this arrangement in operation.

How can these gmail emails keep arriving in my inbox when I should only receive emails from my Virgin email account.

Help please

The behaviour you set out above suggests that you have an email forwarding rule set up within your gmail account to forward mail to your nltworld address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Both my wife and I have separate Gmail accounts and in their settings under Accounts & Import there is no Ntlworld.com account. I have checked the full profiles etc in the Google Account but there is no mention of my Ntl account.

Any other suggestions?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnblakemore wrote:

Gmail accounts and in their settings under Accounts & Import there is no Ntlworld.com account. I have checked the full profiles etc in the Google Account but there is no mention of my Ntl account.

I am sure that you have checked this already but if there is forwarding set up in your Gmail account it will be shown in the Gmail settings in the  "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" section rather than the "Accounts and Import" section.

Similarly:

"I may have in the past set up to receive these gmail emails in this way but not any longer and my virgin settings do not show this arrangement in operation"

So in your VM webmail account, if you go to the settings (click on the cog symbol top right) and then click on on "Accounts" your Gmail account is not listed below the E-Mail  Edit line? If it is not listed then the VM webmail account will not be collecting emails from your Gmail account.

accounts section in webmail.png

If the Gmail account has no forwarding set up and your VM webmail account is not set to pick up mail from your Gmail account then attention as to widen to look at anything else in your email setup that could be causing this.

For example, do you have an email app or client, such as Microsoft Outlook or an app on your phone that you also use to manage your email accounts? If you do, then there may be a forwarding rule set up there. So I would check the settings in any other email apps or clients that you use.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

johnblakemore
On our wavelength

You are absolutely right, I had missed the “ Forwarding ………” section.

Thank you. The problem should go away now.

John

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnblakemore wrote:

"Thank you. The problem should go away now."

That's good news, no need to look any further.  Thanks for posting back to let the forum know.👍

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.