cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails disappearing?

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

My wife has read emails on her ntlworld.com address, but now they have disappeared.  Any idea why this might be happening?

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @arrgee1991,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear this is happening with your Wife's Ntlworld email address. We want to do our best to understand and help. Just to clarify, are the emails disappearing out of all inboxes? Is the email correctly linked to a VM account?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just to clarify, are the emails disappearing out of all inboxes?

No- just the main inbox for my wife’s email address.  Everyone else mainly uses gmail in our house so are not impacted, sadly my wife is a refusenik and still uses the original ntlworld address she has had for nearly 20 years .  As an example, one came from the local health authority and my wife showed it to me when it arrived, however now there is no trace of it. It is not in the inbox nor trash.  We have used mail app on iPad along with the Virgin website to track it down but it is not there.

Is the email correctly linked to a VM account?

Yes, the Virgin Media account we have for broadband, phone and TV.

964D57A5-3A76-4B80-9297-68C851E7F55F.jpeg

Thank you for your response @arrgee1991

Have you checked her email filters to see if this may be the cause of the missing emails https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-using-filters ? There may be a new rule that may be affecting the inbox.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

@Akua_A. There is only an auto forward rule and the email is there in the gmail account, but not the ntlworld account.  Which is good news as the email isn’t lost.

71CB792C-CF2B-455C-94E7-10A587517919.jpeg

Thank you for checking @arrgee1991.

Just to clarify, can you find al the missing emails in the Gmail account? Also was "keep a copy of the message" ticked preselected?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Can you find all the missing emails in the Gmail account?

Yes, but not in Virgin Web Mail nor in mail client on IOS - emails seem to have disappeared from there and are not in trash

Also was "keep a copy of the message" ticked preselected?

Yes

Thank you for letting me know.

In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand corner of the page and give a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team