cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails disappeared

peakygirl77
Joining in

All of my emails in my inbox have disappeared this morning.  

they are not on my phone, nor my inbox online.  

where have they gone?

8 REPLIES 8

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @peakygirl77 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your emails.

Are they showing today for you? If not, can you please check your Deleted Items folder to see if they are showing there?

If you are concerned and think your emails may have been hacked, please see here for more help.
Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

only the emails i had yesterday are in my inbox still.  Anything that had been in there until yesterday have  completely gone - they're not in any folders, junk, spam, deleted, nowhere!!  they were just ALL gone.

Thank you @peakygirl77 

Can I just check if this is showing on web mail or client mail or are neither showing the emails? 

neither were showing the emails.

it all seems to be working again today - but those emails i had in my inbox have gone and not returned.  there were a few that were being kept for a reason and they've gone.  from online and my phone 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @peakygirl77,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue! Sorry to hear that your previous emails have not returned!

Can you confirm if you're an active Virgin Media cable customer?

Have you tried accessing the mailbox through your MyVirginMedia account to see if you can view them there?

Let us know how you get on!

Thank you. 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

peakygirl77
Joining in

as stated above - they have gone from my phone, ipad, and online through virgin media.  

peakygirl77
Joining in

i don't really need them now and everything appears to be working again, but i just wanted to know what the heck went on.  i've recently been hacked on all social media accounts - so wondering if they've got to this email account too.  i'm in the long laborious process of changing everything from this email address just in case

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know they are okay now.

Did you update your IOS devices by any chance? 

Did they just randomly appear a few hours / days later? 

I would back everything up to the iCloud if you can to be on the safe side. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?