Menu
Rhino1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emails deleted from secondary account

Can anyone help?

all of my wife’s Emails have been deleted from her account.

they have not been deleted in error, they have all just disappeared.

they are not in the Bin, and/or trash folder.

All the sent emails are there just none of the emails in the inbox.

Does Virginmedia hold a mirror of these Emails, or if they do not exist in the inbox, have they all gone?

does anyone know why they would all disappear?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails deleted from secondary account

Hello

How are you accessing the emails is it by webmail https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox or using a 3rd party tool like outlook, thunderbird etc.

Have you looked in webmail are they there or in the trash ?

Virginmedia do not backup / mirror emails I am afraid that is your responsibility.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rhino1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Firstly thank yo for the response, it does make sense what you are outlining; however its slightly different.

The E-mails from this secondary account have been deleted/removed, it does not matter if you access via Virgin Media Email, and/or 3rd party application like iOS E-mail and/or Outlook, the inbox is still empty.

Its strange as all the sent items in the Sent folder are intact.

Nothing is in the trash either, as they have not been deleted in error, they have all just disappeared.

I'm finding that Virgin Media E-mail as a service as a whole, does have general access issues. I have had issues with syncing in the past with my own primary personal account, and when it does sync it seems to miss specific blocks of E-mails, which luckily for me I back-up important ones as and when they come in.

My concern here is where have these E-mails from the secondary account gone? Why would they be removed without a user's authorisation? And who has removed them?

This is the key thing for me to try and understand, if the E-mails have been removed, without any form of recovery, this is something we will have to live with; however how can this be prevented again. Without understanding the Where, Why, and Who, its impossible for this to prevented in the future.

Finally late yesterday evening when we found that this was happening, new E-mails were on occasion being received; however after 10-15minutes they were disappearing from the Inbox, which was not the act of the user, they were just diserpearing.

This has never happened before, it only started from around 20:30 onwards on the 27/09/2020.

As there is no one for you to call to specifically talk about this issue, again there is no way of tracking with Virgin where this problem is occuring.

Hope this makes sense?

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Sounds like an auto forward has been put in place, can you open up webmail and once theree click on the three lines on the right of the page, select settings, once the settings page is open, on the left click on email and then auto forward, make sure there is no auto forward there, best way is too untick enable.

If there is an auto forward there and you do not reconise the email address then II would recommend changing the email passwoord, as somebody has entered this  without your knowledge.

Here is how to backup your emails https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-archiving-emails

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rhino1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the response.

Just checked again (double checked this yesterday evening as well), there is no AutoForwarding enabled, set-up, or forwarding E-mail configured.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos