Menu
Rowellp
Joining in
Message 31 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emails are being blocked with MXIN611 From header check failed

Just had another here's the full error:

421 4.2.0 MXIN611 From header check failed ;id=FkrPiyLmT3afBFkrPizmXj;sid=FkrPiyLmT3afB;mta=mx5.mnd;d=20191002;t=220432[CET];ipsrc=209.85.128.53;

0 Kudos
zanewilson
Tuning in
Message 32 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@Virgin Team - do you have any feedback on the root cause and progress on resolution? It's been quite some time.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 33 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@afindlay @vexation 

We've amended this so .cc & .racing TLD's should now be working. Could you let me know if you still have any problems.

@Rowellp 

I'll ask the email team to check on your domain.

@zanewilson 

I've seen from your other post that you're having trouble with a .pro domain - I'll ask that this be checked as well.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

zanewilson
Tuning in
Message 34 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this @Kev_B

Do you know what is the rationale for Virgin Media unilaterally blocking all email loads of perfectly valid TLDs? If this is a spam prevension measure, it doesn't seem to be one that has given much thought to the fact that it very indiscriminately blocks a massive proportion of perfectly valid emails. Spam filtering should always err on the side of caution.

Are you whitelisting individual .cc, .pro, .racing, .xyz etc domains just where people complain, or the whole TLDs ?

Is this something that Virgin Media has done on its own initiative, or is it the result of using an over-enthusiastic/lazy blacklist service that has done the incorrect blocking rules?

Thanks
Zane.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 35 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@zanewilson 

I rather doubt that Virgin Media will engage in a discussion of what is happening.  I still remember the whole ntlworld.com domain vanishing from the internet for a day or so and never getting a straightforward answer to what happened to it.  Discussing what is possibly an antispam measure on a forum or even via PM is likely to be a no-no.

@Kev_B - Can you pass on the thought that whatever is going on here needs to be re-assessed urgently IMHO.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

afindlay
Tuning in
Message 36 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Mail from maidenhead.cc is now getting through to virginmedia.com customers.

Thanks

Andrew

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 37 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@zanewilson 

BTW - I can see a perfectly good rationale for blocking some of the newer TLD's

Maybe you should take a read of this:

https://blog.ironbastion.com.au/what-phishing-campaigns-have-in-common-with-cocos-islands/

Or even this

https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/next-shady-tld-kim

Edit - I also had a scam text from scammers using the .services. TLD.  In fact the scammers were clever as they registered the domain restore-bank.services.  and then added barclays.co.uk to their DNS zone to make the hostname

barclays.co.uk.restore-bank.services.

Note that by adding banks to their DNS zone - they could scam others too.  I did report the text to the police, although I personally didn't fall victim to those scammers - not least due to the fact I don't have a Barclays account. 😉

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rowellp
Joining in
Message 38 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tim, for those interesting articles. So, given that this might be the justification for blocking some tld's there needs to be a way that owners of a legitimate domain can request that their domain can be unblocked. Posting in this forum and hoping somebody from VM will read it doesn't seem right somehow...

Paul

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 39 of 47
Flag for a moderator

One would hope that Virgin’s email administrator wouldn’t be blocking the postmaster address from these domains by contacting the postmaster addresses for their domains.  After all the email standard requires that mail administrators should be able to communicate using that channel.  However you don’t have to hope that someone from Virgin will respond.  We SU’s will always flag a message to them where appropriate.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 40 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I can't offer any useful info here you are all in good hands. But this is an interesting thread. Just read the blog posts about the TLD.

Use Kudos to say thanks