cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails I send go to spam folders

jimgironde
Dialled in

My email is blueyonder and I have operated the same address from the year dot, so dont wish to change it.

I have discovered that emails I send to friends and family tend to go to their Spam folder. What do I need to do to rectify this please? This is a recent problem. 

Apart from that everything seems to work as normal although I have been getting the McAffee emails but clicked no links.

Have done virus scans and all say clean.

I am a silver surfer and reply upon family communication via email so this is quite bothersome.

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The recipient should ask their email service provider for an explanation and then, if applicable, relay that to you for further troubleshooting here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @jimgironde, hope you're keeping well!

Can you please advise me if you've been able to gain any feedback/explanations from the provider of the E-Mails accounts of your friends and family since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David

the message I am told (this is second hand) is that the sending IP or ISP is blacklisted?

I have also received the genuine email from Virgin media internet security saying  

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

I have not changed the password because I have no problems logging in so am confused by the message. I can log into Outlook on my laptop and download my emails. Furthermore I can access the same emails on the VM site online.

Should I change my password even though my mailbox doesnt appear to have been locked.?

Your guidance will be much appreciated.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jimgironde, 

Thank you for reaching out again, I am sorry you are still having issues, I would change your password just in case, and are you able to access your mailbox fine?

Zoie

I can get to my emails fine, but why would recipients be told that my IP or my ISP is blacklisted? Continual health checks on my system are clean.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the IP Address being reported as blacklisted by recipients the same as that shown when browsing to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer after the text Your IP address is; do not post it here as that is your public IP Address?

Sorry, as I am not seeing any messages I am relying upon recipients of my emails relying upon what they are being told by their mail provider. All I know is of a vague response saying that the IP or domain linked to it are blacklisted. But other emails that I am sending are getting through okay.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jimgironde,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your online email issue. I'm sorry that this is still ongoing. 

Can you tell us if the contacts that are impacted are all on the same network? 

If this is a network issue, their provider would need to check that for them.

Glad to hear that you're able to send emails to other contacts okay.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs