cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Perry1
Joining in

I’m moving house next year and I have Virgin broadband at my present house. The new house is in mid-Wales, which is not served by Virgin. I’m keen to keep my email address as so much depends on it for communication. I may have kept with Virgin but due to no fault of my own I will have to change provider. Would Virgin allow me to transfer my email address to the new provider?

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Perry1 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you will be leaving us, we'll be sad to see you leave. In regards to your email address, as it must be linked to an active Virgin account it will be lost I'm afraid. 

The emails are usually disconnected within 90 days of the account disconnecting, so it would be best to create a new email address and start making provisions to move your important emails over before this time.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thank you. I keep copies of most emails in my Virgin Account. I presume I will no longer have access to these after the 90 days and will need to copy them to else where?

Is it possible to keep my Virgin account ie pay monthly as I do now, but change physical address even if that address is no in Virgin’s area? That way I keep my email address.

No worries 😊

That's correct, you won't have access unless they are removed. We can only have an account registered at a serviceable address so you wouldn't be able to change the address if you've previously been told the service can't be transferred.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules