cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Kayway
Joining in

Still no historic emails. What's going on?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kayway 

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kayway
Joining in

Still no historic emails!

WelshGasman
Superfast

I have just received this in an email.

Hi,

Further to my email to you over the weekend, I wanted to provide you with a fuller update and clarity on your Virgin Media email service.

Our teams have been continuing to work on restoring historic emails into your inbox. Unfortunately, this is taking longer than we first anticipated due to unforeseen technical complexities that our teams had to solve. This means that, based on the information we have, your historic emails will be restored by Monday 17 July at the latest, most likely earlier. We will contact you individually as soon as your mailbox is restored.

I know that you may have important emails and documents saved in your inbox and want to reassure you that we have been working to restore them as soon as we can. 

I would also like to reiterate that your data has not been lost, is completely safe and is stored in a secondary secure location. This issue has been caused by an internal technical fault and our analysis shows that your personal information has not been accessed or compromised in any way.

While our teams continue to work on restoring your historic emails, you are still able to send and receive emails as you normally would.

I completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this issue may have caused you, and I apologise unreservedly for this. We’re doing everything we can to fully restore your inbox as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Axel Wehrle
Director of Customer Service, Virgin Media

Received this communication but still no historic emails in folders!!!!

Hi,We wanted to let you know that our teams have now completed the full restoration of your inbox, which means all of your historic emails should now be available.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption you have experienced, and we will be carrying out a full review of this incident to ensure we learn from it in future.

You do not need to take any action but if you need further assistance then our customer service teams are on hand to support.

Kind regards,
Axel Wehrle
Director of Customer Service, Virgin Media