Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

zola333cfc
Joining in

Hi

I left virginmedia when I moved home

and my email account ends next month

since then I have managed to get virgin installed here. Can I now keep my old email accounts?

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zola333cfc wrote:

since then I have managed to get virgin installed here. Can I now keep my old email accounts?

Only Virgin Media staff can tell you that but in the meantime two things that may help you:

1) my email account ends next month

Based on previous experience, VM very rarely (almost never) comply with their own Terms and Conditions regarding deleting email accounts 90 days after the broadband account is closed. In reality those email accounts are likely to be hanging around for a while yet. That's the good news,

2) I have managed to get virgin installed here. Can I now keep my old email accounts?

That used to be an option but since last year things have changed regarding the VM email service.

Since May 2022 VM stopped issuing new email accounts. So if you were a completely new customer to VM you would not have the option of having a VM email account. 
The last thing I heard was that VM do still offer the option to do a "Move and Transfer" of one set of email accounts from an old broadband account to a new one but I am not 100% certain that is still an option.

The thing is though that although VM still supports VM email accounts for existing broadband customers the longer term future of the VM email service is uncertain.

All I can say is that if I were in your position I would be looking to switch to a dedicated email provider. There are many around, not just Gmail and Outlook.com. See here - https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. They will be able to give you more details regarding your existing VM email accounts.

I hope this helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zola333cfc 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more details, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs