cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Mal1james
Joining in

I can receive emails to my Virgin Media account on my phone no problems but can only send emails from my phone when connected to my Virgin Media broadband network at home, i can’t send using 3 or 4G 

Any ideas to solve this

Many thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mal1james, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

That's odd - are you doing this through an email client when doing so? Do you get an error message at the end when the message doesn't send? Just to confirm also, can you access and browse other websites etc when you have on your phones connection? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks Ryan, yes this seems strange when i send a email from my iphone or ipad i get a message ‘email address invalid’ this is only when i’m on 3 or 4G, if i am using virgin broadband on my home network it’s not a problem, receiving emails is fine, I also have no problem browsing other web sites. 

The only other way i can send email is if i log into my Virgin Media account and go to my mail, that works fine but is a but long winded

Any suggestions much appreciated 

Many thanks 

Malcolm

@Mal1james firstly have a look at this thread 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438 

A bit old but the details in it are still correct, specifically the right settings you should have on your devices to properly access the VM mail system.

Carefully go through the settings you have on your iPhone and iPad making careful note of the setting for outgoing emails and make they are the same as itemised in the above thread.

I have a suspicion that I know what has happened here.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mal1james

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to look through the above link jem101 attached? How are you getting on after trying those tips?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi travis, been away all weekend but will have a look tomorrow 👍

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Mal1james,

Any updates on this? Let us know if you still need help 🙂 Thank you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks guys, all sorted👍

Excellent news, thanks for letting us know @Mal1james.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums, if this error re-emerges, or if any other issues that need our attention arise.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn